Reunion groups are a way of preserving your walk with Christ. For an effective reunion group, keep the following points in mind:
- Be Serious – You are dealing with things eternal. There is always time for levity but the focus should be on the condition of your walk with Christ.
- Be Discreet – Openness and honesty must be respected. The discussions of the group stays in the group. Your reunion group must not be a source of gossip.
- Be Sincere – You must be completely open and honest with your group. If that is not possible you may be in the wrong group.
- Be Regular – This can be tough but regular attendance will develop into a habit that can become a major influence facing problems and staying on course. Again it requires perseverance to grow and find nourishment.
Order of the Reunion
Begin your time together by calling on the Holy Spirit and invoking His power. The prayer below can be used for this purpose:
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful and kindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Holy Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.
O, God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy Your consolations. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.
- Review your service sheet – Take time to reflect on each of the three supports of a life in grace.
- Piety – share your closest moment with Christ and how He is working in your life.
- Study – keep each other accountable in growth by learning more about this life in grace and His abundant love.
- Action – how have we responded to God’s call to action and submitted to being an instrument for Him to someone else?
- Closest To Christ – At what moment this past week did you feel closest to Christ?
- Call to Discipleship – At what moment during this week did you feel you were responding to God’s call to be His disciple? Where did you participate in being the Church this week, the heart beat of Christ?
- Discipleship Denied – When was your faith tested this week through failure?
- Your Plan – What is your plan for spirituality, study, and action for the week to come?
- Reunion Group Activities
- Prayers for Special Needs – Pray for those who may not have attended.
- Prayer of Thanksgiving – Almighty God, who lives and reigns forever, we give You thanks for all the gifts You have bestowed upon us. Amen.
There are no restrictions to where reunion groups can meet, but it should be a place that is conducive to sharing personal sharing.